Sunday, April 3, 2011

If I Were To Pick One... Eye Shadow

So I decided to do a series called...


If I Were To Pick One...


Now this is a challenge for alllll makeup lovers out there.. Basically what I'm going to do is if I had to pick ONE make up item from each category (Foundation, Blush, Bronzer, Eye Shadow etc.) which one would it be.. And I'll talk about why of course..


So starting with Eye Shadow..


If I Were To Pick One Eye Shadow... It would be:




This colour is soooo boring in the pan.. Nothing special at all.. It's a matte colour.. A mixture of brown and a tiny bit of grey.. But it is the PERFECT colour for contouring the eyes and adding a bit of a shadow along the lower lashline for a subtle smokey look.. It's really stunning and I can see it working for all skin tones..

Now I know that even in the swatch it looks like nothing special.. But for those who want a subtle definition for their crease for an everyday natural look.. This is the one shadow for you.. 

I really do like Bobbi Brown eye shadows more than MAC ones as they are way more pigmented and easier to blend.. Yah they're more on the pricey side but for what you're getting, they are worth it.. 




What would your One Eye Shadow pick be? 




12 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice choice. I don't have any bobbi brown eyeshadows but this looks like a nice one. My choice would probably be mac all that glitters x

Vida said...

I have been dying to try a bobbi brown eyeshadow. I love all the colors because they are so neutral and sophisticated. I will have to check this one out!

Anonymous said...

Mine would be Burberry Taupe! It's expensive, but it's so worth it! It's a semi-matte and blends like a dream!

MakeupbyThess said...

thank you!
I don't know about that "look younger" I think it varies from day to day hehe

Mai said...

Rachy - All that glitters is a lovely colour too..


Vida - Yah u gotta try BB shadows.. They're really great quality eye shadows


Beauty Reflections - I've always wanted to try Burberry eye shadows.. They sounds so nice.. Thanks for sharing =)

Kelly said...

That's a difficult question... Well I think I would pick a highlight colour like MAC Vanilla or Brule, because they're multifunctional

Anya Rudn said...

Love this oclor cause you can use it for everyday or for an all over lid and then add some color around.

Great review!

Visit my blog for my New Announcement!

http://luckysparkle.blogspot.com

Catharina said...

Now that's an interesting and difficult question!

I think I would also go with a multifunctional shade that may seem a bit "boring" at first, but is actually great. It's Patina from MAC. It's so versatile and gorgeous.

I've never tried BB since I don't think I can buy it here in Sweden, but it's a brand that I've been interested in for quite some time now. One for the future!

Vanessa said...

Mulch by MAC is for sure my favorite!

Anonymous said...

Hmm...I would say Mac Bare Study Paint Pot! It was one of my first eyeshadows, and I still find myself reaching for it : )

Amy said...

Thanks for the sweet comment :) I haven't tried any BB eye shadows, but really want to try this one and the one called velvet plum..? or something like that-

Anonymous said...

delytefulspeaks.blogspot.com is awsome, bookmarked!

[url=http://www.buzzfeed.com/bookie/unlock-samsung-blackberry-nokia-lg-motorola-an-39dn]unlock motorola[/url]

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...