Friday, April 29, 2011

My Blush Collection 1: Nars, Illamasqua, Bobbi Brown, Chanel & Estee Lauder

As some of you may know by now.. I LOVE blush! It's my favourite makeup item.. I think it transforms the whole look completely... So here's evidence of my obsession with blush...




So allow me to break it down for you...


NARS have one of the best colour selection in blushes.. And a lot of them have some kinda shimmer running through them..

Torrid is a gorgeous peachy blush with gold shimmer..
Penny Lane I don't love so much.. But it does make an ok base for other blushes..
Outlaw I've had for about 3 years now.. It's a beautiful plummy pomegranate colour.. And it's very pigmented that you'll need the tiniest amount.. I think it's been discontinued though..



I luuuurve Illamasqua blushes.. Extremely pigmented.. So finely milled.. So smooth in application, not chalky and Matte which I prefer.. The colours they have are amazing..

Lover you all know I adore this light peach blush.. Very similar to MAC's Melba in colour but not in formula.. This is I find to be much better
Panic looks scary but I promise you that with a light hand, it looks so natural on.. Very similar to NARS Exhibit A and Sleek Scandalous but less orange.. Panic is more like brick red.. Beautiful!
Tremble is such a soft beautiful pink for Medium Skin tones..


Bobbi Brown falls into one of my favourite makeup brands.. Her blushes are pigmented and long-lasting..

Apricot is one of my favourite blushes.. So gorgeous and really brightens up your complexion.. 
Pot Rouge Pale Pink is lovely formula.. Gives you that beautiful dewy look and it can be used on the lips too.. 
Desert Pink is a subtle dusty rose.. Really good if you're working a smokey eye..  


These are all pretty sheer.. So you gotta pack the product on to get the colour showing which makes me hesitate when buying any blushes from these two brands.. But they're still so gorgeous

Chanel Espiegle was a limited edition light peachy blush with a little bit of fine shimmer to it.. The shimmer doesn't show up that much on the cheeks which is why I loved it..
Estee Lauder Peach Nuance - This is a pinker version of Illamasqua's Lover.. It is really gorgeous on and it's Matte.. 
Chanel Caprice - I got this a long time ago.. Not sure if they still sell it.. But I love this colour too.. Gives me a beautiful summery look without the bronzer..



Stay tuned for part 2 ;)



22 comments:

makeupjelena said...

Very nice collection :-)

Amy said...

I love blush, too!!! can't wait to see the rest~ lovely collection <3<3<3

Anita said...

I love your blush collection!!! It's my favourite makeup item and I completely agree with you :) Can't wait for part 2!

Malika said...

Nice collection! I love blush too (:
Really like you're Bobbi Brown blushes.

Good girl said...

OMG that's a lot!)))

...OBSESSIONS to LIVE FOR... said...

Yay blushers! I'm so glad Lover is on my wishlist, I really do love it! Great swatches and shades =)
xx

Vanessa said...

Wow you have so many, I am really jealous now haha! I need to do a review of my new Cargo blush, you will love it

Tiffany said...

You have an awesome collection! I wanted to try the Chanel blushes so bad. Can't wait for part 2!

Janalyn said...

Great blush collection!! Love Nars blushes =))

konni said...

Oh my. What lovely pictures. I adore blush, and I've got serious blush envy looking at yours! That Estee Lauder one is particularly beautiful...

Miss Jones said...

wow! thank you for the comment i am ur newest follower!

illamasqua excite is a fab blusher a true coral which is just stunning for summer!

I love the look of Lover! : )

Shen said...

dessert pink from bobbi brown is my fave and has the best staying power for me. :) love love love your collection. i wish we have illamasqua here! :)

Mai said...

Thanks everyone.. Part 2 is on it's way ;)


Miss Jones - Welcome to my blog and thanks so much for following =)

Shen - Yah Desert Pink is gorgeous.. Thanks for passing by =)

Anonymous said...

Omg.... I love your blush collection! I have tried the Estee Lauder one.
Cant wait till part 2!!!! Xoxo

Clare said...

Great collection! Btw, the Chanel Espiegle does not look half so orangey in your swatch as I thought it was. It looks quite wearable and pretty in fact *rethinks ordering it* Thanks for all the swatches, so useful:)
~Clare

Val said...

You have an excellent collection!! I love how all these blushes look :)

essentiallyJo said...

Outlaw discontinued? But it looks so pretttttty. Hate it when that happens!!! xx

Jessica French said...

I have just looked at both of your blush collection posts... and oh my god! you really are a blush junkie haha! you have a really good collection there and these posts have helped me :) I have had my eye on dainty for a while now... think it would look quite nice with my skin tone :) Thank you! xoxox

Mai said...

PoPBlush - Hehe thanks hun =)


Clare - My pleasure sweets


Val - Thank u hun


Jo - I knooow rgiht!!


Jessica French - Hahaha yes i am =P

sadee said...

i want those beautiful Mac colors you have very nice blog
Follow Back Please
♥ SadeeStyle ♥
www.sadeestyle.net

SM said...

wow! wish i had this many! =)

Caitlin said...

I'm glad someone else loves NARS blushes like I do!

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...