Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Dear Dior.. I Think You've Finally Won Me Over (Highlighter, Bronzer & Shadow)



Ok lemme tell you, I am seriously not a Dior girl.. Got absolutely nothing against the brand but I've just never really been that attracted to their products as much as other brands.. But I have found myself eyeing a little more than a few of their items last month and I seriously don't know what it is about their products this time that made my wishlist Dior dominated.. 

I think it all started when I purchased their...



Soooo much hype was going on about this product and I just couldn't not try it out for myself.. Went to sephora.. Applied it on my face and thought, "That's it? That's what the crazy hype is about?" I seriously thought it was NOT worth it..

But I eventually gave in and purchased it.. And now it's my favourite highlighter! It's super gorgeous for daytime.. You don't look over done at all.. It just gives the most beautiful glow to the face.. And the shades are wonderful for eyeshadow..


Mind you I still don't believe it's worth all that hype, but it's still a lovely product to have..



Now in my wishlist I was eyeing 001 Aurora.. But when I applied it to my face, I found that it was too light for my complexion and it didn't show that well..

At first I was worried that 002 would look too orangey on me.. But when I brushed the product across my cheeks, it gave me the most beautiful warmth to my face and I instantly said "Yes I'll take it please!" It does have some orange to it but not to the extent that it would make you look like an orange ball..


I'm skipping out on the Chanel bronzer from the Summer 2011 collection coz this is just lovely and more pigmented.. Paired with the Soleil Tan De Chanel (review) this is perfection!


THE best eyeshadow palette I've come across.. I love the shades.. The texture is so smooth.. Applies to beautifully.. The colours blend in so well.. And they're all so pigmented.. I have Chanel and Dolce & Gabanna eye shadow palettes and they are not as amazing as this Dior one..


This palette is perfect for a day & night look.. You gotta just feel the texture of these.. It'll melt your heart.. (Oh boy, I've become like one of those over-exaggerators =P)



What's your favourite Dior product?


11 comments:

Unknown said...

I hear a lot about these Dior highlighters, but I have yet to convert :D

Vanessa said...

OOhh those are really gorgeous! I love that they are subtle and not TOO shimmery

Amy said...

LOVE this post! I'm lusting over those nude healthy glow powders at the moment

LauraSummer said...

That healthy glow powder looks amazing, my favourite Dior product is Diorshow mascara

Mai said...

Yami - Give it a try at 1st.. See how it looks in natural and indoor lighting..


Vanessa - Yah that's what I love about them


Amy - Aurora would look soo beautiful on you


Laura Summer - Funny I don't like their Mascara at all.. I find it to messy when I wash it off..

EllysMakeupbag said...

I saw the rosy tan palette and i really want it, but i also want the purple one haha. The amber diamonds has been on my wishlist for a long, but i don't know what to do :(

Monika @ RocailleWrites said...

That eyeshadow palette is gorgeous! x

Clare said...

I do appreciate the Shimmer Powders, but like you, feel that they are a bit over-hyped. I could live without them even though I like them a lot. Now the Dior Healthy Glow in Aurora is truly it's own deal. I've never met a bronzer quite so soft and perfect for my (very pale) skin tone yet!

Catharina said...

I laughed when I read your first impression on the Shimmer powder Amber Diamond! That's exactly how I reacted. I had sooo high expectations that I already loved it before I tried it. And when I tried it on in the store I was also like "Eh... what... that's it... is that all...?" So I went home without buying it.

I returned the next day because I decided to give it a try, and I'm really glad I did. I have realized that it's actually the "is that it"-factor which makes it stunning... if that makes sense. It's there, it's glowy, but yet it's not to much.

Lilladylife said...

Just found ur blog and love it!!!! Rosy Tan *high five!*

LilJeJa said...

I have all except rosy tan, unfortunately. Love dior, they make some amazing products.

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...