Friday, May 27, 2011

Review: Clarisonic Mia.. Worth the Hype?


For those of you who don't know what a Clarisonic is, it's basically a facial brush that helps ensure that your face is super clean!




- Removes 6X more makeup than manual cleansing
- Leaves skin feeling and looking smoother
- Removes impurities that keep creams and serums from working their best
- Gentle enough to use twice a day
- Reduces oily areas, dry skin patches and blemishes
- Minimizes the appearance of visible pores


I have been using my Clarisonic Mia almost every day since I got at the end of November 2010.. It is a staple in my skincare routine.. But is it worth the hype & does actually achieve what it claims to achieve?


Answer: No


Allow me to tell you why...

Pros:

- This leaves my skin feeling so clean & smooth
- It doesn't vibrate.. The inner brush bristles move in circular motion
- Very gentle for everyday use
- Once you press the on button, the brush works for one minute only which is great for those who tend to over-cleanse and tug on their skin (Guilty!)
- Small & light so it's easy to carry around when travelling
- Wireless & waterproof which makes it perfect to use in the shower

Cons:

- I haven't seen any dramatic changes in my skin
- It hasn't done anything to the size of my pores
- Did not help with my blemishes
- I don't feel that it makes my products sink in any better
- Pricey for something that just cleanses your face


My Final Thoughts: It's a nice tool to have.. But it's not worth the hype.. If you can't get the Clarisonic, don't fret, coz there are alternatives and other methods you could do to get the same results.. Such as:

1- Using a very gentle exfoliating cleanser every night like the Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash (review)

2- Using a manual facial brush like the Sephora Face Complexion Brush.. Works the same way as the Clarisonic minus the batteries..

3- Using a Muslin Cloth with your favourite cleanser will help you achieve a clean face

3- If you want another tool but cheaper, check out Skinsonic or Olay Pro-X (Watch Fuzkittie's video to see how she compares them to the Clarisonic)



And these are just my own views on the Clarisonic Mia according to my experience with it..



What's your experience with the Clarisonic? Do you think it's worth the money & the hype?



20 comments:

Aseya said...

Ah! Great review! I was considering getting one of these, but it's such a big investment for me. I think I'm going to get back into oil cleansing instead :)

The Peach said...

Thanks for the review! I was kind of wondering if the Mia was worth the hype or not. It didn't really catch my interest for that price :(

Kristie said...

Great review. I appreciate your honesty. I too have been wondering about the Clarisonic but find Exfolikate more than sufficent to help with exfoliation and cleaning. This certainly helps confirm that I don't need one.

Mai said...

Prettyinthedesert - I've never tried the oil cleansing method.. Should give it a try some time soon..


The Peach - Yah it is pricey but doesn't achieve all that it claims to do


Kristie - Thanks hun.. Glad I was able to help confirm your decision =)

Donna said...

omg i agree with you 10000000 %. i got the clarisonic plus and i barely use it. actually i dont even use it lol. i never saw any improvement on my skin and it never took all my makeup off. :(

Haute_Style said...

Thanks for this amazing review! I've been eyeing the Clarsonic for AGES and wondered what all the hype was about... thanks so much for being honest!!

Mai said...

Donna Baby - Yah it sux when u have high hopes for a product and it just disappoints you bigtime!


Haute_Style - Ohh no need to thank me hun.. I say it as I see it =) Thanks so much for passin by

D.Sadie (D.G.S.Beauty) said...

Thanks for the comment on my post! Thanks for this review and you have a great blog. =) I'm now following you.

-Dnah
http://dgsbeauty.blogspot.com/

MakeupbyThess said...

I actually gave the lipstick to my mom for mother's day so I don't know ^^
I use it on my lips (last summer I almost got blisters or whatever you call it on my lips, and the nivea spf lipbalm dry my lips out) and on my birthmarks and where I have some pigmentationspots.. It's great! =)

Thank you for reviewing the clarisonic!! I know The body shop has a manual brush, I think I'm gonna try that one instead ^^

Danielle said...

Ahh! Thanks so much for reviewing this! I have the Olay cleanser already and I quite like it. I wasn't sure that a Clarisonic was worth it. I don't have particularly problematic skin (no acne scarring, no real acne problems) I just suffer with oiliness. Knowing that this doesn't really help that certainly doesn't make me want to rush out and buy it. I will stick with my Olay Pro x for now. Thank you so much for the honest review!

Unknown said...

Man, this is soo expensive. Thanks for the honest review.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this review! I was actually thinking of purchasing this after reading and seeing so many rave reviews on it. You have given a different perspective which is so helpful! :D

Mai said...

D.Sadie - Thanks so much hun.. Appreciate it =)


Makeupby Thess - Oh I didn't the body shop had one.. Well let us know if it's any good ;)


Danielle - Yah from your photos ur skin looks flawless! The olay should be ok I reckon.. Thanks for passin by =)


EveryDay Makeup Blog - My pleasure =)


PopBlush - Glad this was helpful.. Too many raves had to try it for myself and see what the magic was.. But there really wasn't any.. Like I said.. It ain't bad.. It just isn't worth the hype

Hollie Ann said...

I am so glad you agree with me that it's not worth the money and hype. I have one too, and I do feel like my face gets squeaky clean but it does NOT help with blemishes or fine lines. In fact, I almost thought the over stimulation was making me break out more. I couldn't be for sure as there were probably a number of reasons that could have contributed to the increase in breakouts. I love it just for a luxury item sometimes, but I wouldn't buy it again.

. said...

Ah that's a shame. Glad i read this though, saved me money!

www.aclassicfashiondiary.blogspot.com

Leigh said...

great review! i found this to be really helpful because i was debating looking into it, but now i won't due to the price...so thanks! :)

thelibertybelleblog.blogspot.com

Mai said...

Hollie Ann - Yah ure right.. It's a nice luxury item.. But not a necessity for your skin.. Thanks hun =)


Ashleigh - Hehe glad I helped you save ur money =P


Leigh - My pleasure =)

Unknown said...

Thank you for this, I totally agree!
I have a regular Clarisonic and have yet to do a review on it (for some reason) but I think it is about time. I also didn't find it did anything special and my skin has been just as unpredictable as ever with this product.
Thanks for giving your honest opinion!

beautyparler said...

The Olay version is pretty good for price (I've reviewed both). I love my Clarisonic (I don't have the Mia version but I'm sure its the same but bigger). I don't use mine daily as I think its too much exfoliation but in my case find it removes my makeup better than any other system including my old trusted fave the Oil Cleansing Method. But that's why beauty blog reviews are awesome, get every consumers point of view:-)

Mai said...

Mary Elizabeth - I'm so glad to know that ppl feel that same way I do about the Clarisonic.. At some point I thot maybe I'm not usin it right coz everyone seemed to LOVE it! =P Thanks for your comment hun


BeautyParler - I love how clean my skin feels after using the clarisonic but I just don't see that AMAZING results ppl talk about is all.. Thanks so much for passin by hun =)

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...